November 29, 2011

I finally got one!


After 7 years of marriage and 7 fake Christmas Trees, I finally got my REAL Christmas Tree!  Reason...we're staying put for the holidays and I can tend to my real tree without feeling like it will suddenly burst into flames while I'm gone.  The smell in the living room is intoxicating...like standing in a forest.

When we got it home and I cut the plastic wrapping off...I fully expected to feel a rush of cold air coming from inside the tree.  Not this year.  It was in the mid-60s the day we got our tree instead of snowing like in past years.  I'd be at my parents house in WI to pick out a tree hence the need to feel old air coming from the tree.  Olivia informed Ryan on several occasions during naptime that she just CAN'T wait for Christmas!

Ryan and I are super excited for the holiday season and Christmas this year because Olivia is at the age when this is just pure magic. She believes Santa's real and he's coming to our house instead of Nana's.  She is super excited to paint Christmas trees in art class at school, something she's already informed us she's done.  Justin is excited because his big sister's excited.  And Liam just doesn't want to miss a feeding, LOL!

Hope all your Christmas shopping goes well...we went a bit overboard at Target today...will tally everything up after the kids are asleep.


Liam

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Yey, pretty new tree :)