May 20, 2010

It's a Jungle Out There!!


I took Betty for a walk yesterday and we found a turtle crossing the road.  Of course, she was interested but we continued onward.  Tonight, after dinner, Betty started walking up and down the back fence line, nose to the ground.  Then she started to jump at something and bark.  My first thought was a stray cat was sitting on the other side of the fence.  When I went out to stop her barking, I was a turtle smashed against the fence trying to hide in fear.  After unsuccessfully trying to keep Betty away, I placed the turtle in a bowl and walked him to freedom in the empty lot by the house.  Earlier, this huge moth landed on the window screen, and ironically, Betty let it be all day.  Don't worry, it's still alive, I poked it with a bottle cap and it moved.  It's a jungle out there!!

No comments: