March 5, 2012

mind jar

Single parenting is hard! Single parenting with 3 toddlers is very hard! Single parenting 3 toddlers, when 1 of the 3 is nursed exclusively is extremely hard! So, to cope I have made a Mind Jar. Thank you Pinterest. Drinking is not an option right now, darn it.

Start with an empty mason jar. Only had jamming jars available to me so I went with it.

Add water.

Add food coloring of your choice. I matched my coloring to my glitter.

Depending on the size of your jar, add at least half a bottle of clear tacky glue to help suspend the glitter in the water. You can also use glitter glue but that makes the project a bit more expensive, and well...I'm cheap when I want to be. The smaller the glitter particles, the less glue you'll need. Play around with the ratio of water, glue and glitter til you find the perfect suspension.

Mix well.
 Watch the swirling, beautiful glitter. Breathe in deeply and slowly. Relax.
 Clear your mind. Slow your breathing. Relax.
Hopfully, my mind is clearer and I am more clam. When things start feeling like they're spiraling out of control, I must sit down, swirl my Mind Jar...and relax. Let's see if this thing will do the trick!

Breathe.

2 comments:

Cassie K. said...

single parenting it VERY hard..i would love the day where its just 3kids....try 5! ages..9,8,7,6, and 9 months!! Like you, my husband is gone a lot..for long periods of time..its just that yours is in the military (props to him:-) Try doing homework everynight with 4 kids, 2 of which are special Ed. I never thought my life would take me here... i swear if i have a brain left it would be a miracle!! so I am definetly going to be making one or 5 dozen of these jars! thanks for posting the how to!!
Good Luck to you and the 3 cute kiddos!!!!

Tina said...

Hats of to you Cassie! I can only imagine what parenting 5 kids must feel like at the end of the day. It's hard when Daddy is gone. These two weeks are a test for the much longer separations we'll have in the future. AND, these jars really do work, as long as its within arms reach at all times. Might need to make a few more for myself! Put one in each room!!