March 21, 2011

Mommy's Monday Memory


Justin certainly takes after me when it comes to petting animals.  HE HATES IT!! Ok, that's an overstatement.  He was very interested in the baby chicks (in the green box behind him in the bottom picture), just couldn't reach far enough into the big box.  He'd just look at the baby bunny and stare at it, wondering what it really was.  You can kinda see his questioning expression in the bottom picture.  I tried to move his hand up to touch the extremely soft bunny fur, but he pulled away so I didn't push him.  Olivia on the other had was all about holding that baby bunny when the birthday girl wasn't holding him.  The kids were invited to a little girls 3rd birthday that had a petting zoo...hence the memory!

I remember as a kid being terrified to touch baby animals at petting zoo's.  Specifically, while living in Berlin, we'd travel to a place called Peacock Island, which had tons of peacocks living on the island, duh!  There were other animals on the island one day, or so I remember, maybe I'm mixing up two separate memories?  Anyway, I did not want anything to do with the baby animals, can't even remember what aminals were present, just that I did not want to touch a single one.  Sure enough though, my dad forced my hand to touch the animal, while my parents are giggling at my sillyness of not wanting to touch the animals, as tears ran down my face.  Don't get me wrong, my parents are great, I just did not like to touch baby animals!!

No comments: